Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cheer and Joy release is here!!


Have you made your holiday cards yet? If not, you might want to take a peek at our latest release CHEER and JOY for some inspiration!

I've got a few cards to show that I really like how they turned out.

This first one is the Pinecone background. I stamped it with Simon Says Stamp Sparrow ink and colored it with Copic markers (Browns-E35, E43, E44, E47), (Greens-YG63, YG95, and G99).

The details of the stamp help with the shading. I started with E43 to color the cones, then went in with E44 to color under the lip of the seeds and a bit of shading on the tops. I used E47 to color the bases of the seeds then added a bit of E35 on the tops to add a hint of caramel color.

For the pine sprigs, I used the greens and started at the stem and pulled the color out. Using a mix of green markers really helps with a realistic look. 


Ok.. this one is just YUMMY! I colored watercolor paper with Distress inks (Seedless Preserves, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Peacock Feathers, and Peeled Paint). I did the "spread the ink on the craft mat, spritz with water and smush the paper in it" technique. I added some splats of diluted ink as well. Once the paper was dry, I die-cut the leaves.

The Background was stenciled using the left over die-cut paper and the same ink colors. 


I hope I've inspired you to add some color to your world for the holidays! Enjoy!


9 comments :

Nancy Lynn said...

OMG Shari, you absolutely AMAZE ME! Really stunning cards, my dear! Thank you for sharing

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

W O W !!! Just W O W !!! Your pinecones are so realistic - and your leaves a beauty to behold! Thanks again for amazing inspiration.

He's not finished with me yet! said...

Hi Shari,
I was just over on the Simon Says website looking at the new Cheer and Joy release and I noticed a card you had done using the Gnome die. It was in grays and red. I really loved the patterned paper you used and was wondering if you could tell me the brand/pattern of the paper. Thanks!

Joy Meadows said...

Beautiful cards, Shari!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Ohh my Shari, that card with the Pinecone background is so stunning!
The picones seem so real, it's great colouring.
Your second card is beautiful, I love the awesome colours and how you made the background softer with the velum.
Thank you so much for your great inspiration and have a wonderful weekend.

Debby Green said...

Fabulous cards. You are amazing!

Judy Inukai said...

Your coloring on the pinecones is awesome. Thanks so much for including the details and Copics you used.

Kathy Mc said...

Both of these cards are perfection, Shari. Those pine cones look so realistic, and your ink-smooshed leaves are heavenly.

KimberlyRae said...

Me y!! It's perfect!! Hallmark status for sure! Woww! I also love your gnomes card! Please share how you made this friendly trio....? Thank you
kreationsbykimberlyrae@hotmail.com