Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Ornate Ornaments Christmas Card

Hello everyone! Happy November!!!!! I can't believe how quickly this year is going by! Can you?

I've been asked a lot about this card as to how I made it. I'm so sorry I didn't shoot a video, I was in a card making frenzy and forgot. Sooooooo I'll give you some brief step by step instructions.

  1. I started off stamping the ornaments onto Tim Holtz Distress watercolor cardstock with Simon Says Stamp Clear ink and used Simon Says Stamp Silver embossing powder, then heat embossed. The ornament at the bottom is stamped onto Tonic Imperial Blue cardstock. 
  2. Then I used my Mijello Mission watercolors to paint in the areas, using blues, greens and purples.
  3. I die cut the ornaments out with the coordinating dies.  and strung white crochet thread through the holes of the ornaments.
  4. Next I cut a panel of Silver Tonic cardstock to 4x5.25 and mounted the ornaments to it with foam tape. I wrapped the string to the back or the cardstock and secured them down with tape.
  5. The Silver panel got mounted onto a Simon Says Stamp Top Folding notecard with some foam tape to lift it up a bit. 
  6. To finish the card off, I added some confetti using Simon Says Tacky Craft Glue. 
I've listed all the supplies below for your reference, I hope you enjoy and have a great day!!!

SUPPLIES:

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

This card is so beautiful, Sheri! I'm not usually a card with ornaments lover. You have totally won me over tho! Of course the stamp & die set is on waitlist. I'm buying the other items I need for the time when they're back in stock!
Thank you so much!
marcia m

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning ornament card, Shari! Just love the texture of the background too!!