Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

EEEK Halloween!

I've been on a roll lately! Not only have I been making a few Hero Arts 2011 catalog cards, I've done a couple cards for a Swedish magazine.....and some EK Halloween fun!

EK Success was kind enough to send me some AWESOME Halloween goodies to play with, and play I did! This card was a total blast! Shhhhh... there's no stamping!  GASP!!!! I know, how dare I! Well it didn't need any with all the adorable little parts and pieces.


Where do I begin... The bat at the top comes from THIS set of stickers, just too darned funny!!!  The background papers are from THIS set, so much variety in one pack, and the papers are 4"x6", perfect for cardmaking!  I punched out a circle from yellow Bo Bunny double dot paper, then edged it with Wild Honey and Scattered Straw Distress inks.   Oh and the jack-o-lantern... I cut it out from THIS paper (I thought the expression of it was just too cute!).  I covered it with Crackle Accents.  Here's a closer look.


The little candy corns come from THIS set of stickers. The Iron batty fence is THIS great Martha border punch, really easy to use.  I punched white cardstock and inked it up with Black Soot Distress ink so it would be Grey rather than black.  I finished the fence off with some black pearls (arrrrr sounds so pirate-ish) and May Arts stitched ribbon.


I've got tons more ideas kicking around in my head for halloween, can't wait to get back to my desk to play some more! One idea is to use a Stamp from the Hero Holiday release but switch it up to Halloween!

Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far!

16 comments :

Kay said...

Wow, what a cute card! I'm thinking I need that punch to go with my bat collection.

Heidi said...

Great card.

Isha Gupta said...

WOW!!!! Thanks for the inspiration Shari. Love the card you made.

Kath Stewart said...

love your cute spooky card shari and that pumpkin is adorable...hugs kath xxx

Joy said...

What can I say but GORGEOUS!! I love this sweet card and WHAT! NO STAMPING...LOL love that you have done this, just shows you are more talented then you know, but I don't need to tell you that because you are truly talented, inspiring and creative and this card screams that. Love it Shari! Hugs!

Alice said...

very pretty and spooky! wonderful details. love this!

ellen vargo designs said...

Love this card - it's adorable! And I really like the new look of your blog - such a great picture of you laughing - isn't laughing the best... I laugh ALL the time... :)

Jennifer said...

soooo awesome!

Barb said...

Hi Shari! How are ya? Love this fun Halloween card! My favorite part is the pumpkin with the Crackle Accents! Makes him look like he's starting to shrivel! I always have a hard time making cards without stamping. . .thanks for the inspiration! Can't wait for more! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a fun card! And no stamping, how could you? teehee.... :)

Lucy Abrams said...

Oh it's just so CUTE!!!!!

Eveline said...

Great Halloween card.
Eveline.

Barbara said...

Cute card even without any stamping. Thanks for letting us know it's OK not to stamp sometimes!

Anne said...

Well this is so fun and spooky Shari- just love it! Who needs to stamp when you've got all that other fun stickers ans such to play with. Love how you inked up the punched out fence- I love doing that to get a gray look too!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Such a FUN card, Shari!

Tami McBeain said...

So adorable!