Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I promised I would do some artwork just for me and share with everyone...I started cutting some stamps that Rachael gave me from her collection at the Darkroom Door with grand plans of playing, relaxing and creating.

then.....

My plans changed as I got word that I will be doing workshops at Topaz in the UK. So my attention immediately turned to creating ideas and class kits as well as planning out my demo for the Hobby Stitch show in Birmingham.

I did do a few cards for the Hero Blog. This one below is a quicky with my favorite stamps.

Hope you like it. You can check out the supply list HERE.

So I had my skin check last week, everything went fine, no worries. I went in yesterday to have a mole removed. My doctor didn't like it, but since I've had it forever (childhood) with no changes he thinks it will be benign, just wanted to be safe. Keep in mind, I've only been seeing this doctor for six months, so he is just clearing the skin slate (being cautious until he's comfortable with my skin history). I'm good with it, just cut away what you don't like.

Well I must get back to my class card kits...I've got a lot of packing to do...we leave on Friday to head over.

I'll update my blog before I go, but won't be online while in the UK (not wanting to haul my laptop).

Cheers!
Shari xx

9 comments :

Babsarella said...

Hope everything is fine with your skin and sending best wishes for a fun journey across the pond. Love the beautiful card!

Kay said...

Thanks for the update, Shari! Hope you have a great trip to the UK. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with Rachel's stuff. I love her photography and how she incorporates film strips and things into her art.

Big hugs!

Linda said...

Love your card, as always! Have a safe trip to UK! ( I am actually checking flights for UK right now!)

xxx Linda

Anonymous said...

Well, we'll just hafta forgive ya'! Have fun yonder UK way! I have yet to ever leave the North American continent. I better put it on my "to do" list! LOL! Safe journey!

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip Shari! I too can't wait to see what you create with the stamps ;)

Paul B said...

Gorgeous card - saw it over on the HA blog. Really looking forward to seeing what you bring to the classes and your demos. Hopefully pass on some of that Shari magic haha. Hope you don't get too stressed out with all the prepping and pack WARM clothes!!!

Take Care

Paul xx

Christy B said...

This card is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that the doctor gave you good results- even though he did take away your childhood mole! With my mother they thought a 2" section of skin on her forearm looked precancerous, so they just scooped it out. It does actually look like they used a melon baller on her arm:( After reading your post about Darkroom Door stamps I had to look them up. I love the collage Look and can't wait to see what you do with them. Wonderful Hero Arts card, as always!

Lisa Olson said...

Shari this is sooo beautiful and elegant. I love it!!