Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A quick Bind It All study


I got a few comments on figuring calculations with the Bind it All. It can cause you to say things like @&%#, and #!$@, so I thought I would share how I did mine.

One of the things I noticed was that for every two slots it measures 1". So I marked a scrap of paper with 1" marks, starting at the center.

The instructions below follow the pictures above and is for a 6"x6" book with 10 holes.

I place my scrap on what I want to cut, making sure my center mark hits the center of my paper item to be cut.

1. Slide the paper into the Bind It All and match up center marks. Pull the handle.
2. Slide your paper to the left and match up your next mark (right of your center mark) with the center mark of the machine. Pull the handle.
3. Slide your paper to the right and match up your next mark (left of your center mark) with the center mark of the machine. Pull the handle.

I sure hope this is clear, It's hard to create a visual with words.

Good luck and email me if you have any questions.
In the meantime, I may try to figure an easier way, but for now, this works for me. :o)

4 comments :

wendy vecchi said...

Shari,
That's how I've been doing it too. Any tips for circles? I can't figure that out. I can't make it come out even. I'm thinking that only one size circle is a perfect fit??
THANKS!
Wendy

Shari Carroll said...

now this is something I'll have to think on...sounds interesting. :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks Shari! Now why didn't I think of that? I will try it this weekend. I've been dying to use my bind-it-all again. Your tip should take out the *@&%#< factor. :-)

Paula said...

Thanks for posting this. My Bind It all and I are getting on a little bit better now. I hardly have to say a harsh word.