Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2007

oh... holy smokes... i did it again


I went over a week with out blogging. Hopefully my excuse will grant me forgiveness.

Here's my story...........
It was a dark and stormy night when I got home from Boston on Monday, well not really dark and stormy, more like 78 and sunny, but it sounded good. Okay, so I got home on Monday, all was well, I cleaned up the house a bit because you know, I share my home with all males.....hmmmm. I think I need to do more training....

Anyways, I had a fantastic trip, it was a small trade show (my favorite), I got to see my girlfriend Jennifer McGuire and other show buddies. Tim gave me a pair of his new scissors, they are fantastic!! You've got to try them.

At the show, we came to the realization that the Hero website would relaunch on Sunday, April 1...TODAY. So by Tuesday I was back at work creating samples for the web. Hero had released a Spring Catalog, new images poured in through the week.

So samples I did......until......insert Jaws music here......I was hit with a cold from hell. This thing knocked me down....in bed for two days, under blankets with chills...oh the timing was terrible!!!

On the worst day of all, my son Scooter was rear ended in MY car. He's okay..but my car suffered $1,800 worth of damage...OH MY. I might add that the rubber bumper covers are an amazing cover for damage underneath. They pop right back out like nothing ever happened. The tail pipe on the other hand is sitting kinda sideways, but it's an artistic looking mangle. Now we get to jump into the insurance battle stuff...oh joy.

So while we were out getting estimates and turning in police reports, we ordered Scooters tux for prom. I can't wait to see him in it. I see a Momma picture frenzy in my future!

So feeling like I had gotten a new lease on life, I got back to work and made some cards for the site. I did what we call "product of the month" with a new set of birds that I'm totaly in love with. Check them out HERE.

That's about all I've got for today, i've got to clean my studio...a bomb went off when I wasn't looking. Enjoy the day!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back, Shari! And I hope your cold leaves you and the car situation is settled quickly!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the birds in the newest release! (Your cards on the HA site are FAB!)

Unknown said...

I was sooooooo excited to see the Hero Arts site back up. I was in Hero withdrawal!

Glad you're back...and I hope your cold is better.

Jenny L. said...

Shari, I am so in love with those little birds too. I love what you created with them. I can't wait till this new stuff is released!

Godelieve said...

These birds are super cute, love your cards!!