Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Hero Arts ThanksGiving for STAMPtember®!!


Oh Boy... this one's a beauty!!! Have you seen the Simon Says Stamp exclusive stamp set Happy Thanksgiving from Hero Arts?  Simply Lovely!!! I created a card which focuses on the greetings from the stamp set.

I did a simple watercolor where I added puddles of Distress inks... but the trick to this was to dry each color before applying more. It was fun to put together colors of fall!



Once I was done painting the background, I spritzed it with water and blotted up the color with a towel. Next, I die cut the Thanks Giving greeting 4 times from Desert Storm cardstock and glued them together using a glue pen. I finished up the greeting by white embossing "blessings" onto the back of some Sunshine Glimmer Paper

I hope you've enjoyed a quick inspiration to start out your weekend!! I'll see you soon!



7 comments :

TenSGal said...

Beautiful! Love the background!

Anya said...

I love the simplicity of your card--so pretty! Thanks for the how-to. Must try this technique!

Marcie Lovett said...

Love the splotchy watercolors, they remind me of autumn leaves.

Darnell said...

All your elements are so cohesive, Shari! I love this beautiful autumn card!! Hugs, Darnell

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful!! Thank you or the colour palette :-)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous background, Shari - perfect for the thanksgiving die cut!

the Blackbird said...

This set is so lovely! I adore the die...
Cristina
thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it