Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A New Home for Chester

After much thought and consideration, I am rehoming our beloved Russian Box tortoise Chester.  He has been with our family for about 4 years, roaming freely underfoot in my craft space. He is quite a character, very curious and social.


This hasn't been an easy decision because he has been such a wonderful, and unique pet. 
You see, reptiles can carry Salmonella, something I just can't risk with having our sweet 
Melody around. 


I have found a home for him at an All Animal park specializing in reptiles about an hour away. He will roam around with others of his kind in a natural habitat and get attention from guests that visit. I feel confident that I've made the right choice for his placement with folks that truly know how to provide for his needs. 

Thanks everyone for all your comments about him over the years. He will be missed... and hey, you never know, he might find a Russian babe at the new crib!

8 comments :

Scrapthat said...

Tthe thought of possible little Chesters makes me smile :D

Unknown said...

Wishing Chester all the best. We just had a very similar conversation about our Russian Box Turtle, Professor Larry, while we do enjoy watching him on his ventures I too worry about the Salmonella....especially with my daughter who is allergic to antibiotics.

Chester is going to live a long, healthy life with friends of the same kind. I am sure he will find himself a little Russian Minx! :)

Barb said...

Awww! I didn't realize you had made this decision, Shari. It must have been a tough one, but like you said, probably the right choice. I have a feeling Chester is gonna LOVE his new home! Sending hugs! ♥

conil said...

This must have really been tough for you but the new digs sound perfect for him. And you're right, he may find a mate among the other residents.

Leslie Hanna said...

Aw, Scrapchat beat me to the "little Chesters" comment. But your decision seems sound, and Chester should be very happy with other turtles and people to dote on him.

Susi said...

A handsome fella like that will surely have a harem of female tortoises hot on his shell in his new digs :-)

Barb said...

It sounds like you have found the perfect home for Chester. Although a tough decision, the health and safety of your precious granddaughter must be a priority. May you have a wonderful life, Chester!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You'll miss sweet Chester but what an opportunity for him. Plus you'll be able to visit - the park sounds amazing. Good luck with the move!