Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Spring Canvas

Hi everyone! Hope you've enjoyed your first week of Spring!  We were having warmer days where all the old winter snow had melted away….but then the temps dropped and we got one last taste of winter with a light and pretty 3". 

I created a canvas for the Simon Says Stamp blog last week to welcome Spring and thought I'd share it here. I love the colors, used some of my favorite papers from Prima (it's been discontinued though… boo!!). I've put a few other papers that I thought were gorgeous in my supplies below. 


This is a 6x6 canvas which is a great size for using your dies, stamps and stencils. This is also a perfect size to get you going if you're a bit timid in doing multi medium projects. 


I still love book text for my projects. We have a used bookstore that I frequent. I can pick up hard back books for a couple dollars. It's also fun to use old dictionaries. I've used several butterfly dies with mixed papers. 

And remember those beads that we used to make from cut up magazines? I've rolled up papers to create the butterfly bodies. Seemed to work out well!

I've also shot a video of the entire process, speed up of course. Hope you enjoy following along. 


Have a great week! I'll see you soon with more news on what I've been up to!

10 comments :

Cindy C. said...

I saw your project on the SSS blog, I think it's wonderful Shari!

joy said...

beautiful canvas, Shari! I love the size and all of the pretty layers you used to create this.

Deb said...

What a beautiful project, off to watch your video and thank you for sharing!

Barb said...

Shari, this canvas is truly stunning! Just ADORE the soft colors and beautiful design! ♥

Jan in Tucson said...

FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing with us and HAPPY SPRING to you too Shari!

selena said...

merci pour cette magnifique video

Holly Saveur said...

so gorgeous..love the color combo very much too!

Barbara said...

I saw this on the SSS blog but had to watch it again. Lovely. Thanks for sharing. We need a little Spring!

Dotty Jo said...

So dainty and pretty! Jo x

jan metcalf said...

How sweet!! Beautiful details!