Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My Last Case Study Card :o(

Hi everyone! Today I have my final inspiration for you as a Case Study muse.

This card was made back in my Hero Arts day, using one of their beautiful large flowers and Copic Markers.


I cased the square Kraft card base, and used a large element (a star) in place of the flower. I'm loving embossing paste… maybe a little too much because I go to it first! BUT… I love white on Kraft, so it works for me.


I white embossed the Hero Arts Star on watercolor paper, smooshed (that is a word right?) my Distress mini cubes all over, spritzed it with water and allowed everything to dry. Once it was dry, I wiped down the embossing with a baby wipe to clean it up.


I layered up some strips of card stock and put everything together. To finish things up, I die cut "Thanks" from black paper and glued it in place. Viola!

Be sure to head over to the Case Study blog to see what the other designers have come up with. 

Thanks for playing along, I've really enjoyed seeing everyones case of some of my cards. Enjoy!!!

11 comments :

~amy~ said...

You have been an absolutely JOY to case this month! I've loved all your new projects too! Always enjoy your use of color!

Barb said...

Love that fantastic star, Shari! Yummy colors!

Carol McCready said...

Great color combo. Love the star.

Jingle said...

This is so super cute! I so love that star stamps!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!

Barbara said...

This is so cute. I like the colors and the embossing and think it would be perfect for lots of occasions!

joy said...

Fabulous card, Shari! I love the pops of color against the white embossed kraft background!! Hope I can find time to fashion a card for this week's challenge.

Shelly said...

This is so fun!!! Love!

Heather Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Shari! The dotty background is beautiful and I love the colourful star teamed with all the colourful card strips!

Sweet Kobylkin said...

This is so well-balanced card, Shari! Thank you for your explanations and tips, there are so many things I learn from you!

paulettesprettypapercrafts said...

Both are just gorgeous, Shari! So glad to be getting your posts again. I hope you're able to get SSS back on line with their email subscriptions too, I'm sure Google can help, drop them a line about Feed Burner not working. ;)