Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Case Study #199

It's Thursday and time for another Case Study card! This one was one of my favorites when I originally designed it. It's really fun to look back at some of my older pieces.



I took the circle background as my inspiration and came up with a fun watercolored panel.


I used some Distress Inks to watercolor the circles and allowed the colors to overlap where the circles intersect.


To finish the card off, I added the Simon Says Stamp Devonshire Butterfly Die cut from Neenah card stock along with Hello cut from Orange Peel card stock. To finish things off I added a few Chantilly Creme sequins

Be sure to head over to the Case Study Blog to see what the other designers have come up with. I love ALL the cards that you all have put up for Case Study #198, and can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Thanks for stopping by today, Hope you have a great weekend!

I've listed all my supplies below. 

13 comments :

Barb said...

I remember that gorgeous card and love your new version, Shari! Beautiful, bright, summery colors!

Kelly said...

love the bright colors! so cheerful!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, I love those bright circles paired with the delicate butterfly!

Gina said...

So beautiful. I love all the delicate touches. They contrast so well with the bold circles!

Megan Carroll said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the beautiful colors!

conil said...

Love them both...but am really drawn to the colors in your revisit.

Barbara said...

Well.... .Hello! I really like this! The colors are great and I love the water color look! Your first card is great but this one is equally so!

Elle L. said...

This is really beautiful! I am in love with the color combination, and the design in general.

Thank you for sharing! :)

Virginia Lu said...

Love the old and new versions, Shari! The style and designs have certainly evolved over the time... you always have that beautiful and inventive style! Thanks for sharing!

Darlyne Wagner said...

Shari you are so gifted at taking a simple idea and turning it into a total stunner, as evidenced by this card. Gosh, you are incredible! Thank you for reminding us simple can be better. The colors are so cheerful and I love the butterfly to complete it.

~amy~ said...

I love your inspiration card and your watercolored version is so FUN!

Anonymous said...

I love the bright and breezy feel of your card! The colors make me feel happy!

nygirlinaz said...

Super cute cards!