Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Little Giving Thanks!

I'm being featured today on Kerri Bradford's blog with holiday ideas. Being that Thanksgiving is only a week away, I thought I'd show a really quick place setting idea!

I started off cutting up a box to get the corrugated cardboard. Then cut out a bunch of leaves on my Silhouette.


I used my Dylusions sprays on my craft sheet and dipped the leaves in, hit them with the heat gun between dippings to layer the colors.


Then with my left-over leaves I created a card for the host!  I cut out "Giving" and Thanks" to do an inside message. "Giving" is sitting on a strip of acetate so I could lift it to create shadows.


I colored the 'Thanks" with YG93 Copic Marker and glued it to the inside.



I hope you enjoy!

16 comments :

CinnamonSally said...

These are gorgeous Shari, love the colours of the leaves!!

Barb said...

Oh, you are so talented! What a fun idea with the cardboard and leaves, Shari! The colors look amazing! Hugs! :)

Cindy C. said...

Wow these are awesome! Wonderful effects on the leaves Shari!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous colors and card...
How is the treatment going.....?

Maureen Chandler said...

Love your projects and cards - colors and designs are wonderful! Thanks so much for all you share and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Nikki Foraker said...

FANTABULOUS! :) You are a constant source of inspiration. You amaze me.

Joy said...

GORGEOUS!! and you are making me want those Dylusions sigh!! so beautiful sweet friend...hugs

Kelly Booth said...

You so Rock ms. Shari Wow!!!! Adore this..... Xo

Barbara said...

Great idea! I am pretty sure I used an idea from you to create place cards at Thanksgiving last year and now more inspiration comes my way! Thanks!

Carole said...

Oh what a treat to see these today. Thanks for sharing another beautiful idea. C x

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous, love the rich rustic look :)

Teresa W. said...

Just GORGEOUS! You always amazed me, Shari. Thanks for sharing your talented creativity.

Judy Tuck said...

Again an amazing display of your talent. Thanks!

Iliana Garza said...

Beautiful. Is there a video that shows how you made the leaves?

choman9912@aol.com said...

The place cards are awesome. The colors are great. Thank you for sharing!

choman9912@aol.com said...

The place cards are awesome. The colors are great. Thank you for sharing!