Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Watercolor with Distress Stains

Hi everyone!

This week on the Hero Blog, we've been tag teaming together to bring you a variety of cards featuring some NEW stamps from the most recent Summer Catalog!

I put together a card using Distress Stains and the NEW Large Lotus Background.  I LOVE this stamp with the stains!!!  Also, as I've been moderating comments on the Hero Blog and some of you have asked where to find the Daisy Die Cut from My Favorite Things.  I've include a link to Simon Says Stamps at the bottom of this post. 

and here's a close-up of the daisy flower


And now a quick video of how this comes together.


I've been hit with either a cold or allergies (I can't tell the difference) ...so I'm going to take it easy for a few days, stuff tissues up my nose and relax! Playing on the computer seems like the only activity I'm interested in right now... (that means more digital for you).  :o)

I hope everyone is having a good week!





20 comments :

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love this pretty card Shari and that flower is stunning!!

Erika said...

Love it.

stamper2 said...

Oh so wonderful to see your creations! Love them!! Can you just move next door to me?? :)

Sue A

smithdd said...

Love this card! And now I need the daisy die ;D

Jana said...

Oh my Shari. Gorgeous!

Kathy said...

This card is elegant and so classy. Love the subtle colors. You never fail to inspire. Hugs, Kathy

Barb said...

Shari, these colors look so amazing! Love the elegance, and that flower is really beautiful! Thanks for the video too. . .love seeing you put a card together! Hope you feel better soon. . .hugs!

Anonymous said...

Shari this card is so stunning! Love those elegant colours and that daisy! Such a great technique :)

Ros said...

This is beautiful ... I am definitely going to try this ... TFS

Kath Stewart said...

thanks for this gorgeous tutorial...popped over to get my die and they are sold out...sulking now...hugs kath xxx

Holly Saveur said...

This is so gorgeous love the colors!
Hope you feel better very soon!

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you brought all those elements together. Your video was really good too - very informative, all the info but not too long. Thanks!

Joy said...

Could you be anymore creative, stunning my friend!! hugs!

Sharon D from Canada said...

So pretty, Shari! I love the subtle colour combo and the lovely watercolour effect!

Angela said...

What an Elegent card.I love the colour combination and the flower accent.

Ren-Yi said...

what a great tutorial - just the perfect length and cut so well! i love the colors - so soft and elegant!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Loving this card design! It's so unique and wonderful. Looks perfect! Hope you're feeling better :)

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Thanks so much Shari do love your easy to understand videos hope you are feeling better by now Shaz in Oz.x

Renee V said...

Love this technique Shari!! Have you ever tried this with the regular Distress Ink pads? I don't have any of the Stains with that dauber applicator, so I'm hoping it can be done that way as well!?

Agata said...

It's a fantastic card!!! You made me want that bg stamp and other products, too!