Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Watercolor with Distress Inks

Hi everyone! It's the beginning of the month (again) so that means it's time for my monthly technique article. As part of the Hero Challenge this month, we are featuring watercolor techniques. I thought this would be a great time to show you how to use your Distress Inks for paints.

Here is a card I put together, I LOVE the birds on the branches! I've had this stamp for awhile and was wanting to use it, thought it worked well with the watercolor technique.


And here's a close-up of how I painted the bird tail feathers.


And now for your viewing pleasure....


I've added a feature to my blog, you can now check out the supplies. I hope that helps!





Enjoy!!

12 comments :

Joy said...

Damn Girl you totally ROCKED! this card, you never cease to amaze me each time you create something, I am always in awe...Love your work sweetie...sending lots of hugs!

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with this technique! i will have to get that stamp also :) thanks for sharing this brilliant idea!!

love it
Hugs
yenni

Lin said...

I have this stamp and it is the cutest! LOVED your video and the resulting card; you always inspire me!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous! Always love the techniques you share!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Now I have to have this cute stamp, love this, Shari!

Donna said...

You make this look so easy, I want to try it! Really cute card! Thanks for sharing and the video was great!

Mubeena M. said...

thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

When you say,"And now for your viewing pleasure", I wonder if you know how much pleasure we receive from your videos. Thanks so much. This video is tops!

donna mikasa said...

It's alwaysa treat watching you color! You make everything FUN!

Jude said...

Thanks for the video and sharing your techniques. Your card is adorable!

Jana said...

Love this! So wonderful on the white card background

Anne said...

Your card is sooo cute Shari and I love how you painted with distress inks!