Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Last Day of Vintage Baseball


I'm not sure if I've mentioned this on my blog, but my son Scooter plays Vintage league baseball where games are played by the 1858 rules.  I've thoroughly enjoyed this season catching most of the games while I was home.  Scooter is on the right with his friend "The Rook" on the left.


 Most recently, the Somonauk Blue Stockings have recruited my husband Tom "War Pig" as well, pictured below (no uniform as of yet) with "Pop".  Oh and if you think he looks like Brett Farve, let me know (he hears it all the time!).

 
Here's the founder of the Modern Somonauk Blue Stockings "Ace" Adrian in hurling action. Huzaaah! Love this man, he was Scooter's Little League coach and is such a mentor to us all. 


So fun, can't wait till next spring.

I did have a play with some Halloween goodies, will photo them tomorrow and will share.  Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, I sure did!

Chow!

5 comments :

Sarah J Moerman said...

This sounds like SO much fun! I'd love to watch a game!

Barb said...

Hi Shari! What a fun idea, playing vintage baseball! You sure have some handsome men in your life! Looking forward to seeing what you created with the Halloween goodies!

Anita Rex said...

I am so thrilled that you posted some photos of the team! I loved hearing about it at Scrapfest! So cool, I love the uniforms! Amazing photos! :>

Lynne Forsythe said...

Shari....them be some good looking men of yours!!! and Vintage Baseball sounds pretty cool!

Deirdre said...

Those photos are just amazing... wow, what fun shots.