Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I've started playing a little....

...with paper. It seems like for-ever that I've been doing computer work...so I took a little break and it feels great to be back at my stamp desk!

Can you tell what these will be?  I found an article in the October 2010 edition of Scrapbook etc. magazine about making paper flowers.  It's as simple as this:
  • Cut 5" circles from printed paper
  • Cut the circles into swirls.  Start at the outer edge and cut in towards the center, allow your cutting to get fatter as you move in.
  • Starting at the outside of the circle, start rolling it up. TIP: The outside of the circle becomes the center of the flower.
  • Add a drop of glue (Glossy Accents) in the center to hold everything in place. 
  • Once the glue is dry (be patient) crimp and bend the edges a bit to make it look more realistic. I added a couple gemstones in the center.   

Fun, isn't it?  I'm sooooo totally HOOKED!! I can't wait to add them to a project.  I'm thinking a canvas......

It will have to wait for now as I'm heading out in the morning for Scrapfest.  Jennifer and I will be there all week-end teaching classes and hosting make and takes.  I can't wait!!! 

Oh and that computer work I've been doing.....it's all part of a brand spankin new adventure for Hero Arts.  Please stay tuned and I'll fill you in as soon as I get the A-OKAY to let the cat out of the bag.

Cheers everyone!

12 comments :

Barb said...

Hi Shari. Love these paper flowers . . .they are quite addicting, aren't they? The new adventure you're working on for Hero Arts sounds fun! I'll be waiting to hear about it!

I'm excited to say I'll be meeting you at Scrapfest this weekend! I've taken both Hero Arts classes Friday morning with some other Flickr group gals! We are all looking so forward to it! Can't wait! SEE you soon! :)

Joy said...

Gorgeous Shari, just love your flowers and it is so nice to see you creating again, I look forward to the exciting news that you will let us in on soon. Hugs!

Lin said...

I'm a paper flower addict, too. Come ON, girl, quit teasing us with these little hints about something new with HA! How much longer do we have to wait?

Linda said...

Love your take on these paper flowers! I am totally hooked on making flowers too. Awesome!

Have a great Scrapfest! One day, I will be there at one of these scrap events. I even checked a flight to Minneapolis tomorrow and back on monday. SOO EXPENSIVE. Pricetags up here are just ridiculous now.

Have fun and do share everything when you get back!

Alice said...

beautiful paper flower!! can't wait to see what you do with them! i wish i could be at you and Jennifer's class! have a fun trip!

Kathy said...

ONLY YOU Shari could make swirls of paper flowers look like pieces of art work. Love these :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Awww...so pretty, can't wait to see what you do with these flowers! Have a great time meeting all the gals at Scrapfest, so exciting!

Kath Stewart said...

great to have you back shari and love those gorgeous flowers...have a fun time at Scrapfest with all the lovely girls from the hero arts flickr group
hugs kath xxx

stamper2 said...

FINALLY! Some SHARIness!! I love seeing what you've created! The flowers are so fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with to add them to! :)

jan metcalf said...

That is the opposite way I learned to make them! Love how they turned out!

Sarah J Moerman said...

LOVE these, Shari! So good to finally meet you at Scrapfest! Hugs!

Froggietalks said...

I love the flowers, but I can't quite wrap around how the outer edge becomes the middle, and I can't find the article anywhere!!